Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- J.D., Albany Law School, 1979
- B.S., Union College, cum laude,1975
Robert G. Wakeman
Robert Wakeman concentrates his practice in commercial real estate, commercial loans, not-for-profit bond finance, and general business matters. In his 38 year career, he has been involved in the acquisition, sale or finance of many of the largest commercial real estate projects in the Capital Region, including large government office buildings, nanotechnology facilities, shopping centers, public schools, charter schools, regional amusement parks, apartment complexes, condominiums, and industrial facilities.
Robert represents several commercial banks and has negotiated complex loan agreements, mortgage agreements, participation agreements and inter-creditor agreements. He has negotiated commercial leases for large and small facilities, including commercial ground leases for Fortune 500 companies, shopping center leases, and office leases. He regularly lectures bar associations on leasing matters.
Robert has successfully concluded numerous tax certiorari proceedings obtaining significant tax savings for his clients. He has brought and defended other complex real estate litigation including foreclosures, evictions, and condemnation proceedings. Over 25 nonprofit clients turn to Robert for representation in tax- exempt bond finance with various issuers, including the New York State Dormitory Authority, numerous industrial development agencies, and others.
- Represented a national bank in a $100,000,000.00 commercial credit facility with university
- Represented a retail shopping center owner in a $10,000,000 commercial sale
- Represented a large state wide 501c3 nonprofit in a $17,000,000.00 “pooled” tax exempt bond transaction secured by multiple real estate sites.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Sections on Real Estate, Municipal Law, Environmental Law and Business and Banking.
- Member, Albany County Bar Association.