Areas of Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, cum laude, 2012
- B.A., Stony Brook University, 2005
Damias A. Wilson
Damias A. Wilson is an associate in the firm’s Corporate department. His practice involves counseling clients on a wide range of matters related to electric and gas utility regulation before the NYS Public Service Commission and the NJ Board of Public Utilities. As a member of the firm’s Facility Siting group, Mr. Wilson advises clients involved in the construction and development of major electric transmission facilities, pursuant to Article VII of the NY Public Service Law. Mr. Wilson also works with clients on general corporate matters including, but not limited to, acquisition real property rights through eminent domain, professional licensing requirements, commercial landlord/tenant obligations, and general contract matters.
Mr. Wilson also advises clients on a variety of intellectual property matters including protection of trademarks, service marks, copyrights, and trade secrets. He also counsels and represents clients on the prosecution, maintenance, enforcement, defense, and licensing of copyright and trademark rights.
articles and publications
Damias A. Wilson, Note, Copyright's Compilation Conundrum: Modernizing Statutory Damage Awards for the Digital Music Marketplace, 85 St. John's L. Rev. 1189 Available at http://scholarship.law.stjohns.edu/lawreview/vol85/iss3/7
While in law school, Mr. Wilson interned for Hon. Edward W. McCarty III, Supreme Court, Nassau County, and also worked as a research assistant and teacher’s assistant at St. John’s University School of Law. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Wilson worked as a private investigator, specializing in factual research regarding a wide variety of trademark, trade name, trade dress, and copyright issues.
Professional & Community Activities
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Member, St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association
Honors & Awards
- Notes & Comments Editor, St. John’s Law Review
- Springer Legislative Award, St. John’s University School of Law (2012)
- CALI Award for Excellence: Legal Writing and Analysis, Legislation, Business Organizations, and Advanced Legal Research
News & Speaking Engagements
- Damias Wilson Presents Webinar to Nassau County Bar Association on Supreme Court Decision in B&B Hardware v. Hargis IndustriesOctober 19, 2016
- Damias Wilson Presents Webinar to the Knowledge Group on Recent Supreme Court Decision Regarding Trademark InfringementOctober 5, 2016
- Karen Levin, Jennifer McLaughlin and Damias Wilson Published in the New Jersey Law Journal Discussing IP Litigation Fee-ShiftingSeptember 29, 2016