Areas of Practice
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1982
- B.A., Brown University, 1979
Amy A. Davis
Amy Davis represents energy, water and telecommunications clients in a broad range of regulatory and policy proceedings before state public utility commissions. Amy’s representation includes preparation of pleadings, discovery and presentations for use in litigation and collaboration before various state regulatory agencies. She also prepares tariffs and contracts necessary for the provision of electric, gas, water and telecommunications services.
Amy also represents electric, gas and water utilities in rate- making proceedings. In her representation of major investor-owned utilities, Amy served as lead counsel for the development and implementation of electric and gas retail access programs, a Renewable Portfolio Standard and other key policy, competition- related initiatives and rate cases. Amy also has advised electric, gas, water and telecommunications companies on a variety of issues, including retail access program design and implementation, rate unbundling, rate and restructuring collaboration and litigation, as well as rate and revenue requirement matters. Amy has advised companies concerning regulatory matters associated with mergers and acquisitions, assisting in the various stages of state regulatory due diligence.
Amy has advised a variety of telecommunications providers, including incumbent and competitive local exchange providers, resellers, cellular providers and shared tenant service companies. In that capacity, she assisted telecommunications clients in developing and presenting policy positions before state regulatory agencies.
Areas of Concentration
- Electric, gas, and water rate case and policy proceedings
- State energy regulation and compliance
- Gas and electric regulatory
- Telecommunications regulatory
- Administrative litigation and Article 78 proceedings of administrative decisions
- Mergers, acquisitions, and asset sale regulatory approvals
- Restructuring approvals
- Renewable energy
- Water Telecommunications
Professional & Community Activities
- Previous Vice Chair, New York State Bar Association, Public Utility Law Committee