Areas of Practice
- New York
- United States Tax Court
- L.L.M., New York University School of Law, 2008
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2003
- B.S., Binghamton University, 2000
Sarah B. Rebosa
Sarah B. Rebosa specializes in complex estate and tax planning. Her estate planning expertise ranges from simple wills to advanced wealth transfer techniques involving trusts and other closely held entities. She carefully evaluates estate and gift tax ramifications for each client's estate plan, as well as generation skipping transfer (GST) tax and individual income tax effects where necessary.
Ms. Rebosa frequently practices before the New York State Surrogate's Courts for contested trust and estate matters. She also has extensive experience in all phases of trust and estate administration, including probate, administration, settlements, accounting, estate tax returns and estate tax audits. As with estate planning, she analyzes the tax effects on beneficiaries of trust and estate distributions and settlements.
Additionally, Ms. Rebosa represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, primarily for estate tax and individual tax issues. She handles all aspects of estate tax audits.
While actively practicing law, Ms. Rebosa pursued her legal education further and obtained a Master of Laws in Taxation from NYU School of Law. She applies her tax knowledge and background to each aspect of estate planning and administration.
Prior to joining Cullen and Dykman, Ms. Rebosa practiced law at Rivkin Radler, LLP and Humes & Wagner, LLP.
Professional & Community Activities
- New York State Bar Association, Trust & Estates and the Elder Law and Special Needs Section
- Nassau County Bar Association
- The Accountant Attorney Networking Group (AANG)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Sarah Rebosa Interviewed for CreditCards.com Article on "4 Common Scenarios for Card Debt Liability After a Cardholder Dies"August 2, 2017creditcards.com
- November 29, 2016
- October 25, 2016
- May 19, 2016
- December 15, 2015
- October 15, 2015
- September 16, 2015Corporate Counsel
- Speaking Engagements:December 2014NYSBA CLE "Probate and Administration of Estates"
- Long Island Real Estate Investors Association ("LIREIA")April 2011
- Publications:September 2009"The New Power of Attorney Statutory Major Gifts Rider, What Estate Planning Practitioners Should Know", Nassau Lawyer