Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Environmental Law
- New Jersey
- Federal District Courts for the District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Third Circuit Court of Appeals(States, Federal Courts)
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law-Camden, 1981
- B.A., Colgate University, 1978
Scott E. Rekant
Scott E. Rekant joined the firm of Sokol Behot LLP in July 2006 and joined Cullen and Dykman in 2016. Mr. Rekant has an extensive background in government, regulatory, administrative and environmental law, including representing governmental agencies in eminent domain and public contract actions. Mr. Rekant provides analysis and advice on environmental matters to the firm’s Banking and Corporate clients. Mr. Rekant provides advice to the firm’s Not-for-Profit clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rekant served as Counsel to the New Jersey Credit Union League, where he was an advocate for the State’s credit unions on State and federal legislative and regulatory issues. He previously served as a Deputy Attorney General in the Tort Litigation, Environmental and Transportation Sections of the New Jersey Division of Law.
He is a graduate of Colgate University and Rutgers University School of Law, and is admitted to practice in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the Federal District Courts for New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Third Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals.
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Lamb v. Global Landfill Reclaiming, 111 N.J. 134 (1988)
- In re Riverview Development, LLC, 411 N.J. Super. 409 (App. Div. 2010)
- Constantine v. Township of Bass River, 406 N.J.Super. 305 (App. Div. 2009)
- Pico v. State, 223 N.J.Super. 446, (App. Div., 1988)
- Boyd v. Division of Motor Vehicles, 307 N.J.Super. 356 (App. Div., 1998)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Environmental Section
- Member, American Bar Association