Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- J.D., Temple University school of Law, 1976
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1972
Neil Yoskin’s practice includes all aspects of environmental, land use, natural resource and redevelopment law. He provides advice and representation to a wide range of clients in business, industry, municipal government, the financial community and private property owners. Neil regularly represents clients before NJDEP, USEPA, the US Army Corps of Engineers and before local agencies throughout New Jersey. He has litigated matters relating to wetlands, waterfront development, public access, port facility sighting, endangered species, solid waste licensing and groundwater pollution in both state and federal courts.
Areas of Concentration
- Wetlands, coastal and flood hazard permitting and compliance
- Site remediation and brownfields redevelopment
- Air, water and solid waste permitting and compliance
- Transactional support and environmental due diligence
- Endangered Species Act compliance
- Natural Resource Law
- Redevelopment Law
- Neil represented a redeveloper in connection with the remediation of a contaminated brownfields site, closure of a landfill and the subsequent redevelopment of the site as a regional mixed use development in Bergen County, New Jersey. Matters dealt with included landfill closure, site remediation, waterfront development and wetland compliance, and preparation of a plan and receipt of a permit from the US Fish and Wildlife Service to address the presence of a Bald Eagle nest on the property.
- Neil is currently assisting one of the nation’s leading industrial/commercial developers in acquiring contaminated properties throughout New Jersey as part of an effort to enter the New York/New Jersey market region. Matters being dealt with include environmental due diligence, contract negotiation, risk assessment, environmental insurance and state and local approvals.
- Neil recently advised the New Jersey Legislature in connection with the settlement of the State of New Jersey’s Natural Resource Damages claims against ExxonMobil Corporation.
- Neil recently assisted a client in obtaining environmental insurance coverage following the discovery of buried solid waste on property in New Jersey.
- Neil assisted one of the Nation’s largest construction companies in connection with allegations of improper use of contaminated soils on a school construction site.
- Neil successfully represented a joint venture comprised of one of the Nation’s largest developer of solar energy facilities and the Nation’s largest operator of theme parks in obtaining the approvals for the development of a 21 MW solar field, and then successfully negotiated a settlement in response to legal challenges brought by a coalition of environmental organizations.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Member, NAIOP – NJ Regulatory Committee
- Member, PlanSmart NJ Board of Directors
- Instructor, New Jersey ICLE (ongoing)
- High School Mock Trial Coach (ongoing)
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers List (2007 - 2017) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Martindale Hubbell named Mr. Yoskin a distinguished attorney for being peer rated for high professional achievement in 2017.
- NAIOP-NJ Presidents Award, 2017