Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- J.D., Temple University school of Law, 1976
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1972
Neil Yoskin chairs the Firm’s Environmental Practice Group and is the partner in charge of the Princeton office. His practice includes all aspects of environmental, land use, natural resource and redevelopment law. He regularly represents clients before the DEP, USEPA, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the New Jersey Highlands Council, Pinelands Commission and Meadowlands Commission. Mr. Yoskin has litigated matters relating to public access, wetlands, waterfront development, port facility siting, endangered species, solid waste licensing and groundwater pollution in both State and Federal courts.
Mr. Yoskin is a former staff attorney with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, where he served in a variety of capacities, beginning as Counsel to the Division of Coastal Resources and later served as Chief of the Department’s Office of Legal Affairs. He is a former director of the Environmental Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and founded the Section’s Wetland Committee. He is a former adjunct faculty member at Seton Hall Law School and is a frequent contributor to New Jersey ICLE Programs. Mr. Yoskin is active in a number of professional organizations, including the New Jersey Builders Association and the Economic Development Association of New Jersey.
Neil has successfully litigated a number of significant environmental cases. In Borough of Avalon v. Department of Environmental Protection, 403 N.J. Super. 590 (App. Div., 2008), he represented the Borough of Avalon in challenging the manner in which New Jersey’s Public Access Rules were applied to state aid for municipal shore protection funding. In Asdal Builders, LLC v. Department of Environmental Protection, 426 N.J. Super. 564 (App. Div, 2012), he successfully represented the owner and redeveloper of an historic farmstead in challenging the manner in which penalties were assessed under the Freshwater Wetland Protection Act and Flood Hazard Area Control Act.
- Instructor, Annual NJICLE Course in Environmental Law
- 19th Gallican Conference, “Climate Resilience and Property Law at the Water’s Edge”, U. of Connecticut School of Law, April, 2014
- NAIOP-NJ Annual Regulatory, Legislative and Legal Update – “Critical Water Resources and the New Flood Hazard Rules”, June 28, 2016
Mr. Yoskin was formerly a staff attorney at the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board of Directors, PlanSmart, New Jersey
- Co-Chair, Regulatory Affairs Committee, NAIOP, New Jersey
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers List (2007 - 2017) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Martindale Hubbell named Mr. Yoskin a distinguished attorney for being peer rated for high professional achievement in 2017.