Areas of Practice
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law
- M.A. City University of New York, a Certificate d’Etudes from Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
- B.A., University of Wisconsin
Lorraine A. Abraham
Lorraine A. Abraham was previously a Partner at Sokol Behot, LLP and Schiffman, Abraham, Kaufman & Ritter, P.C. She practices in the areas of Estates and Trusts, including Litigation and Administration as well as Planning, Incapacitations, Guardianships and Chancery Practice. She is also a court certified Mediator and Arbitrator. During her extensive career, Ms. Abraham served as the Guardian Ad Litem for “Baby ‘M’”, a case that generated extensive media coverage and holds a place in many contract textbooks used in law schools throughout the country.
Ms. Abraham was an adjunct professor at Rutgers University School of Law (Newark) and is a lecturer at ICLE (Continuing Education). She has been named a New Jersey Super Lawyer in Estate Planning and Probate and Estate Litigation and Professional Lawyer of the Year by the Bergen County Bar Association.
Ms. Abraham earned her J.D. from Rutgers School of Law, M.A. from City University of New York, a Certificate d’Etudes from Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva, Switzerland and a B.A. from University of Wisconsin.
She is a member of the Board of Trustees of Alumni Association of Rutgers Law School and its former President. Ms. Abraham has also been active in both the New Jersey State and Bergen County Bar Associations. She served as Chairman of the Equity Jurisprudence Committee of the State Bar, on the Board of Trustees of the Bergen Bar Association and the New Jersey Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Judicial Conduct. Ms. Abraham also served as Judge of the Municipal Court, Township of Teaneck and is a member of the National and International Associations of Women Judges.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers LIst (2006 - 2010) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Professional Lawyer of the Year by the Bergen County Bar Association.