Areas of Practice
- New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
J.D., Touro Law School 1998
B.B.A., Hofstra University, 1994
Andrew P. Nitkewicz
Andrew P. Nitkewicz is a seasoned litigator who focuses his practice on estate, trust and commercial matters. He litigates cases in Surrogate’s Court as well as Federal and State Courts throughout New York. Andrew also regularly litigates medical and dental malpractice matters and serves as general and litigation counsel to doctors, dentists, oral surgeons, chiropractors, nurses, pharmacists, and other medical professionals and medical service providers. Andrew frequently provides medical practitioners with counsel on HIPAA compliance.
Areas of Concentration
- Contested probate proceedings
- Contested fiduciary accounting proceedings
- Business litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Healthcare law
- Medical/dental malpractice and risk management
- HIPAA, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute compliance
- Estate of Jane Doe. Contested accounting, turnover and revocation proceeding before the Suffolk County Surrogate.
- Doe v. Doe. Prosecution of action to enforce rights of beneficiary against trustee of decades-old, deep-rooted family trust.
- Estate of Roe. Defense of estate in claims of undue influence and lack of capacity in contested probate proceeding before the Kings County Surrogate.
- Asta Funding v. Pegasus Legal Funding. Served as lead counsel in defense of litigation funding company in contentious litigation and arbitration surrounding joint venture.
- Sky Medical v. Patient Focus. Defense of medical doctor and medical practice in Federal Court, Eastern District of New York against claims by prosthesis supplier.
- Doe v. XYZ Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Successful defense of dental malpractice and informed consent claims resulting in dismissal of action.
- Jones v. Acme LLC. Prosecution of action in Federal Court, Southern District of New York and Delaware Court of Chancery (pro hoc vice) by stakeholders against managing partner of LLC with holdings across the United States.
- Matter of Doe, D.D.S. Successful defense of Oral Surgeon against claims by former patient before New York Office of Professional Discipline.
Professional & Community Activities
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Nassau County
- Catholic Lawyers’ Guild
- Federal Bar Council
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Honors & Awards
- Vice President, Touro Law School Trial Advocacy and Competition Board
- Verdict Search- Top NY Verdicts of 2010
- Selected to the Super Lawyers List, (2015 - 2017) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Andrew Nitkewicz and Thomas Wassel Presented to the Long Island Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates, LLPJuly 27, 2018
- June 29, 2018
- Cullen and Dykman LLP Wins Dismissal of Malpractice Case against Oral Surgeon in Supreme Court, Suffolk CountyApril 2018
- Andrew P. Nitkewicz Presents “20 Ways to Make Sure Your Practice is OSHA and HIPAA Compliant” lecture to Dental Students, Dental Residents and New Dentist on Sunday, May 7, 2017May 8, 2017
- April 18, 2017
- March 1, 2017
- October 25, 2016
- October 19, 2016
- Cullen and Dykman Successfully Defends Long Island Oral Surgeon Before the New York State Office of Professional Discipline Against Claims by Former PatientOctober 3, 2016
- Andrew Nitkewicz Published in Nassau County Dental Society Bulletin Discussing HHS Announcement of Second Phase of HIPPA AuditsSeptember 2, 2016