Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Tort Litigation and Insurance Defense
- Trusts and Estates
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- J.D., Pace University School of Law, 1996
- B.A., SUNY at New York College at New Paltz, 1993
Daniel S. Eichhorn
Daniel S. Eichhorn is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation department. Mr. Eichhorn’s areas of practice also include trust and estate litigation, tort litigation, and general commercial law. A majority of Mr. Eichhorn’s practice focuses on representing businesses in the following areas of the law: commercial/contract disputes, creditor’s rights, insurance coverage disputes, real estate transactions, construction/development disputes, Federal Miller Act disputes, commercial leases, shareholder, membership and partnership disputes, commercial tort claims, eminent domain proceedings, trade secret and covenant not to compete disputes and employment related disputes and other legal matters that arise in the commercial context. He also represents businesses and insureds in matters involving personal injury and property and casualty claims. Mr. Eichhorn practices in the Federal and State trial and appellate courts.
Mr. Eichhorn’s clients consist of small to large commercial businesses, insurance carriers and agents, real estate developers, commercial landlords and tenants, national banks, construction contractors, military contractors, franchisors, franchisees, and distributors and other types of business enterprises in the states of New Jersey and New York.
Mr. Eichhorn additionally provides his commercial clients with general legal advice that may be necessary in the formation and incorporation of a business and in general business transactions, including the drafting, amending, and interpreting of agreements, including operating agreements, shareholder agreements, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, lease agreements, sale and purchase agreements and other types of agreements the arise in the business context.
In addition to his commercial and general litigation experience, Mr. Eichhorn has substantial experience representing individuals in will, trust and estate litigation before the Probate Part of the Chancery Division of the New Jersey Superior Court. In estate matters Mr. Eichhorn has represented executors, beneficiaries and trustees.
Mr. Eichhorn was previously a partner at the law firms of Sokol Behot, LLP and Schiffman, Abraham, Kaufman & Ritter, P.C. where his practice focused largely on commercial and estate litigation as well as providing general commercial legal advice and services to New Jersey businesses.
Professional & Community Activities
- Author of “Oppressed Minority Shareholder Actions” section of the LexisNexis Practice Guide New Jersey Commercial Litigation 2009
- Commissioner, Environmental Commission, Borough of Montvale, New Jersey
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star List (2006 - 2011) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.