Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Tort Litigation and Insurance Defense
- Trusts and Estates
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- J.D., Pace University School of Law, 1996
- B.A., SUNY at New York College at New Paltz, 1993
Daniel S. Eichhorn
Daniel S. Eichhorn focuses his practice on commercial, estate and tort disputes and litigation. He represents and advises business and individual clients in their efforts to resolve disputes favorably both in and out of court. Daniel utilizes his experience as a litigator to advise business clients with contracting and commercial transactions with the goal of avoiding future conflicts and disputes.
Areas of Concentration
- Business litigation
- General litigation
- Estate litigation
- Commercial Law
- New Jersey Chancery Division litigation
- Federal Miller Act Litigation
- Obtained substantial recoveries for overseas military contractor in separate Federal Miller Act suits.
- Recently resolved several personally injury matters in favor of industrial landlord client by having the tenants assume liability.
- Via the utilization of motions obtained the dismissal of several commercial suits and obtained awards of attorneys fees.*
- Recently obtained very favorable timely settlements for both creditor and debtor clients by utilizing litigation strategies that reduced costs and the length of litigation.
- Recently obtained favorable pre-trial settlements for clients who were beneficiaries of an estate that resulted in the return of a substantial transfer of assets back to the estate.
- Obtained summary judgment motion on a trust dispute in favor of a beneficiary resulting in the removal of adverse trustees resulting in the trust funds going to the client.*
*Some of these matters were handled by Daniel prior to joining Cullen and Dykman LLP.
Professional & Community Activities
- Author of “Oppressed Minority Shareholder Actions” section of the LexisNexis Practice Guide New Jersey Commercial Litigation 2009
- Commissioner, Environmental Commission, Borough of Montvale, New Jersey
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star List (2006 - 2011) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.