Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Courty for New Jersey
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1983
- B.S., Rutgers University, 1980
David Edelberg focuses his practice primarily in the fields of Bankruptcy Law, Creditor’s Rights and Commercial Litigation. He was an equity partner in the law firm of Nowell Amoroso Klein Bierman, P.A. where he was Chair of the Bankruptcy Department. He is admitted to practice law in both New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Edelberg served as lead counsel in the Chapter 11 reorganizations of Country Inns Magazine and the Governor Morris Hotel. In addition, Mr. Edelberg served as lead counsel for the creditors' committee in NBO Menswear. Mr. Edelberg also participated in the reorganizations of Emerson Radio Corporation, Passaic Beth Israel Hospital, Fortunoffs, Kiwi Airlines, Channel Home Centers, Encap, The Grand Union Company and Union Valley Corporation.
NEWS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Mr. Edelberg has authored multiple articles regarding the Bankruptcy Code, including a February 8, 2016 article in the New Jersey Law Journal entitled “Fraudulent Transfers of Customer Lists and Other Intangible Assets.” Mr. Edelberg has lectured on behalf of the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the Seton Hall Business School, Bergen Community College, the National Business Institute and other academic institutions concerning Bankruptcy Law.
Mr. Edelberg has appeared as a guest speaker on Bankruptcy Law on television and radio programs.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Debtor Creditor Section of the New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Debtor Creditor Section of Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- President Elect, Bergen County Bar Association
- Chair, Bankruptcy Law Committee of the Bergen County Bar Association
- Tennis Chair, New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyers Golf and Tennis Outing
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Bankruptcy.
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey to the District Ethics Committee, District II-B.
- Selected to the Super Lawyers List (2012 - 2016) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Martindale Hubbell has assigned its highest “av” preeminent rating to Mr. Edelberg.
- Selected to the Bergen County’s best lawyers list by (201) Magazine (2012-2014). A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.bergencounty.com/services/201-magazine-s-top-lawyers-in-bergen-county-nj-1.1061168 . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.