Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- New Jersey District Court
- J.D., Boston College, 1973
- B.A. Ursinus College, 1970
Herbert B. Bennett
Herbert B. Bennett’s practice focuses primarily on environmental regulatory and litigation matters. Regulatory activities include due diligence, permitting and transactional advice in corporate and real estate matters, including eminent domain and issues associated with regulatory takings of real property. Herbert’s litigation practices involve matters associated with remedial activities and requirements imposed pursuant to the New Jersey Spill Compensation Control Act, New Jersey Water Pollution Control Act and Federal Superfund. He represents clients named at Superfund sites by USEPA and has served as liaison counsel for multiple parties in a Superfund lawsuit. Herbert has also served as a mediator in New Jersey State court environmental litigation.
Areas of Concentration
- Regulatory Compliance Practice
- Contaminated Properties Litigation
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association and Environmental Law Section.
- Former Member of the Board, and pro bono counsel, for the Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association in Pennington, NJ.
- Former member of the Board and Secretary of the Eastern Environmental Law Center located in Newark, NJ.
Honors & Awards
- "Volunteer of the Year," pro bono services, Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association.