Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Trusts and Estates
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D. Seton Hall School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Rutgers College, 2000
Anthony S. Bocchi
Anthony S. Bocchi has handled complex commercial and tort litigation matters for the business community spanning a wide variety of subject matters for a broad range of individual and institutional clients in state and federal courts in New Jersey. Anthony’s experience spans the full range of business disputes, including contract disputes, corporate and partnership disputes, oppressed minority shareholder litigation, non-compete issues and other “business divorce” matters. Additionally, Anthony has substantial experience with civil fraud claims under the RICO Act, declaratory actions, bad faith and complex insurance coverage claims, and real-estate disputes.
Anthony also has substantial experience in representing businesses, directors, officers and employees in state and federal court against employee claims of unlawful discrimination, harassment, whistleblower, retaliation and wrongful discharge, and breach of employment contracts.
Anthony is well-versed in all matters involving municipal law. He currently serves as the Borough Attorney for the Borough of Little Ferry. In this capacity, he advises the Borough of Little Ferry on all legal matters, including but not limited to matters involving land use and development, affordable housing, and State regulatory law.
Anthony is committed to bringing value to his clients by offering creative, timely and strategic advice to help solve complex legal issues and achieve his clients’ business goals. To this end, Anthony invokes a collaborative process with his clients to develop litigation strategies using early case assessment methods and then implements the plan with efficiency to produce favorable results for his clients not only at trial or on appeal, but also with favorable settlements when his clients’ interests are best served by resolution short of the courthouse.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association E-Discovery Committee
- Vice President, Rutgers Club of North Jersey
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star List (2011 - 2016) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.