Areas of Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
J.D., New York Law School, 2003, Cum Laude
B.A., University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2000
Scott M. Shapiro
Scott M. Shapiro has joined the litigation and insurance coverage practice at Cullen and Dykman to lead the Construction Tort Litigation Group .
Scott focuses his practice in general and commercial litigation, including construction and construction defect and insurance coverage. Scott specializes in New York State Labor Law claims and related contractual claims and disputes and property damage, mass tort, toxic and environmental tort, and products and general liability cases in the State and Federal courts of New York and New Jersey.
Scott also focuses his practice on professional liability and and represents clients in professional liability claims involving architects, engineers, contractors, surveyors, engineers and other design professionals, and in the handling of general civil litigation matters. Scott represents general contractors and construction companies at all tiers, building owners and developers.
Areas of Concentration
- Defense of Labor Law Claims
- Insurance Coverage
- Construction Defect
- General Insurance Defense Litigation
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
News & Speaking Engagements
- John Sparling published in New York Law Journal on recent Court of Appeals decision Burlington Ins. v. NYC Transit Auth.October 16, 2017New York Law Journal
- October 17, 2016