Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Cout, Eastern District of New York
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law
- B.A., The Catholic University of America
Cecilia Ehresman is an associate in the firm's Commercial Litigation Department, with a focus on employment related matters and general commercial litigation. Cecilia has experience representing clients in every stage of litigation, from pre-action fact development through appeal matters pending before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, in cases involving employment discrimination, contract disputes, land use and zoning matters, as well as residential and commercial mortgage loans.
Cecilia has experience conducting internal investigations on behalf of management into employee allegations of discrimination, and regularly provides counseling and training to management on employment policies and best practices, specifically pertaining to employee conduct, discrimination and harassment, benefits, leaves of absence, hiring procedures, workplace violence, reasonable accommodations, and employee discipline.
Cecilia also represents educational institutions, conducting Title IX and various conduct investigations, drafting internal faculty and student policies, and litigating Article 78 proceedings.
- National EAP- "Creating a Workplace Violence Policy" (National Webinar), 2017
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Nassau County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Long Island Labor and Employment Relations Association
- September 6, 2018
- NY State and NY City Place New Requirements on Employers to Prevent Sexual Harassment in the WorkplaceMay 31, 2018
- November 28, 2017
- June 26, 2017