Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2001
M.P.A., Seton Hall University, 1997
B.A., Rutgers University, 1993
S. Jason Teele
S. Jason Teele, a partner in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Department, is a nationally-recognized, senior-level practitioner with over 16 years of experience successfully representing trade creditors and debtors-in-possession in an array of distressed situations.
Mr. Teele is a tenacious creditors’ rights attorney. His clients include creditors' committees, middle-market corporations, closely-held businesses, boards and board committees, management teams, and high-net-worth individuals in creditors’ rights, complex financial restructurings, distressed mergers and acquisitions, commercial disputes, commercial collections, and bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy litigation and appeals. Mr. Teele also advises corporations, boards, and management teams with respect to: credit insurance; guarantees, Articles 2, 4, and 9 of the UCC; fiduciary duties; data security and privacy; and matters that are unique to closely-held businesses that are in distress or facing a challenge from a distressed customer, vendor, credit provider, or with respect to a business venture.
Official Committees: Gulf Chemical & Metallurgical, Inc.; Coldwater Creek, Inc.; Hedwin Corporation; Oreck Corporation; Liberty Medical Supply, Inc.; Ormet Corporation; Southern Air, Inc.; Global Aviation Holdings, Inc.; Graceway Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; General Maritime, Inc. (Special Litigation Counsel); and Mount Vernon Money Center.
Creditors: Independent contractors in the chapter 11 proceeding of a leading creative production company and content studio; premier short-stay and concierge company in connection with an out of court workout; several global specialty chemical/chemical companies in connection with commercial collections and creditors’ rights matters; management team in the Chapter 11 proceeding of a leading television and film post-production company; Securities class action plaintiffs in the Chapter 11 proceedings of RadioShack, Doral Financial, and SFX, Inc.; Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO in the Chapter 11 proceeding of American Airlines; International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, AFL-CIO in the Chapter 11 proceeding of US Airways 1 and 2, Hawaiian Airways, Aloha Air Group and Northwest Airlines; Mount Vernon Money Center Litigation Trust; and, Multiple Creditors of Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc., Lehman Brothers, Inc. and Residential Capital LLC.
Debtors: Kid Brands, Inc.; New York City Opera; Windsor Financial Group, LLC; Adventure Entertainment, LLC; Consolidated Aluminum Corporation; Coach America; US Eagle Corporation; Meridian Behavioral Health, LLC; EPV Solar, Inc.; Creative Group, Inc.; IFL Corp.
Honors & Awards
- New Jersey SuperLawyers (2012-2017) – Recognized in the bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights and insolvency and reorganization categories.
- M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards (2013) – The restructuring and sale of Coach America was recognized as “Restructuring Deal of the Year ($100 million to $500 million)” and “Industrial Goods and Basic Resources sector Deal of the Year.”
- New Jersey Law Journal’s annual “Forty Under 40” list of leading attorneys (2011)