Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
J.D., Rutgers Law School, 2007
B.A., New York University, 2002
Nicole Stefanelli is a partner in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights department. Ms. Stefanelli has extensive experience representing debtors, creditors’ committees and creditors in complex Chapter 11 proceedings in a broad range of industries, including transportation, manufacturing, medical, the arts, and financial services. In addition, clients frequently turn to Ms. Stefanelli for advice in connection with the acquisition of distressed assets both inside and outside of bankruptcy court.
- In re New York City Opera, Inc. (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- In re Windsor Financial Group, LLC (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- In re Coach Am Group Holdings Corp., et al. (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re Kid Brands, Inc., et al. (Bankr. D.N.J.)
- In re Wire Company Holdings, Inc., et al. (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re ConnectEdu Inc., et al. (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- In re U.S. Mortgage Corp., et al. (Bankr. D.N.J.)
- In re Admiral Wine & Liquor Corp. (Bankr. D.N.J.)
- In re State Insulation Corp. (Bankr. D.N.J.)
- In re Atlantic Gastroenterology Associates, P.A. (Bankr. D.N.J.)
- In re Central Crossings Business Park Building II, LLC (Bankr. D.N.J.)
- In re Gulf Chemical & Metallurgical Corp. (Bankr. W.D. Pa.)
- In re Liberty Medical Supply, Inc., et al. (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re Frank W. Kerr Company (Bankr. E.D. Mich.)
- In re Graceway Pharmaceuticals LLC, et al. (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re Pinnacle Films, Inc. (Bankr. W.D.N.C.)
- In re Oreck Corporation (Bankr. M.D. Tenn.)
- Significant Developments in Bankruptcy Law, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, June 16, 2016
Non-Profit Restructuring, TMA Mid-Atlantic Regional Symposium, June 9, 2016
- Distressed Non-Profits/Ethics of Board Membership, 18th Annual William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, New Jersey State Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section in cooperation with New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, April 8, 2016
- It’ s Complicated: Addressing Issues Concerning Distressed Non-Profits, Turnaround Management Association, IWIRC- New Jersey and New York Institute of Credit, October 22, 2015
- U.S Mortgage: A Cautionary Tale of One of the Largest Frauds in NJ History, Association for Corporate Growth and Turnaround Management Association, April 19, 2011
- Strategic Alternatives For and Against Distressed Business – New Jersey Chapter, Thomson West (2016, 2015, 2014, 2012)
- Avoiding Mechanic's Liens in Bankruptcy, American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal (Jun 2015)
- Endowments, WARN Act Obligations and Confidentiality in Bankruptcy, ABI Health Care Insolvency Manual (3d Ed. Aug 2012)
- The WaMu Lesson: Craft Your Releases Carefully, Law 360 (Jan 28, 2011)
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Stefanelli served as Judicial Clerk to The Honorable Kevin Gross, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware (2007 to 2008).
Professional & Community Activities
Co-Chair, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) - New Jersey Network (Board Member since 2012)
Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Member, Turnaround Management Association, New Jersey Chapter
Honors & Awards
- New Jersey Law Journal New Leader of the Bar Award (2016) - Annual award presented to young attorneys in New Jersey who have built accomplished careers and established themselves as leaders within their firms and organizations, as well as within the legal community as a whole.
- The M&A Advisor Emerging Leader Award (2016) – Recognized in the Legal Advisor category for outstanding achievements in the M&A, Financing and Restructuring industry before the age of 40.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2013-2017) - Recognized as a Rising Star in the Bankruptcy- Business category.
- M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards (2013) – The restructuring and sale of Coach America was recognized as “Restructuring Deal of the Year ($100 million to $500 million)” and “Industrial Goods and Basic Resources sector Deal of the Year.”
- Managing editor, Rutgers Law Review.