Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of new York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1999
- B.A., Tulane University, 1995
Maureen T. Bass
As a practical business, financial, and legal advisor, Ms. Bass counsels corporate and individual clients regarding operations, growth and risk management. Her clients include manufacturing companies, pharmaceutical corporations, medical service providers, consulting firms, personal care management networks, commercial mortgage servicers, and financial institutions.
In her creditors rights, bankruptcy and business litigation practices, Ms. Bass’ experience includes financial workouts both inside and outside the context of pending bankruptcy proceedings, and matters before both state and federal courts; valuation disputes; protection of secured creditor collateral positions and enforcement of secured obligations; prosecution and defense of actions under state and federal fraudulent conveyance laws; officer and director liability; commercial foreclosures and receiverships; lender liability litigation; commercial property lease negotiations and eviction proceedings; domestication and enforcement of foreign money judgments; partnership and corporate dissolution and accounting; and protection investor rights under the Securities and Exchange Act.
Ms. Bass is a trusted business advisor and a sampling of her recent matters include the representation of a manufacturing company in the acquisition of a competitor; consolidation of a national personal service franchise; and counseling a national service provider in connection with the protection of HIPPA protected records and enforcement of consumer privacy issues and investigations. She has significant experience in the fields of healthcare, medical, manufacturing, real estate and financial institutions and has played substantial roles in numerous bankruptcy proceedings including Turkey Lake, Promedicus Health Group, Empire Beef and Nanodynamics.
“Emerging Bankruptcy Roles for Turnaround Consultants” The Journal of Corporate Renewal
Professional & Community Activities
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Honors & Awards
- Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year (2018), M&A Advisor
- Order of the Coif