Areas of Practice
- Albany County
- New York
Albany Law School, summa cum laude
Skidmore College, cum laude
Nicholas J. Faso
Nicholas J. Faso represents businesses, municipalities, and individuals in all phases of dispute resolution, including litigation avoidance, settlement negotiations, litigation before state and federal courts, appeals, and mediation and arbitration. Nick has a broad range of experience in matters involving commercial and contract litigation, shareholder claims, business divorce and partnership disputes, employment litigation, construction litigation, estate litigation, and proceedings against governmental entities involving land use, development, and agency determinations.
Nick strives to obtain the most efficient outcomes for his clients. For example, Nick recently represented a supplier of pharmaceutical materials in a complex commercial litigation against one of the largest generic drug manufacturers in the world. Nick’s aggressive lawsuit convinced the defendant-manufacturer to immediately enter into settlement negotiations, resulting in a substantial monetary recovery for his client without the time and expense of protracted litigation.
Nick graduated summa cum laude from Albany Law School, where he was the Executive Editor for Symposium of the Albany Law Review and an intern in the chambers of the Honorable Lawrence E. Kahn, United States District Judge for the Northern District of New York. Mr. Faso was the winner of the Karen C. McGovern Senior Prize Trials, a year-long trial advocacy competition. Prior to law school, Nick worked on a congressional campaign and as a staffer for a New York State Senator.
- Obtained summary judgment for developer in litigation with an industrial development agency, resulting in recovery of over $1 million
- Sued municipality on behalf of landowner resulting in the invalidation of a local zoning law that prevented development of client’s land
- Representation of businesses and individuals in lawsuits alleging misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair business practices, and breach of non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Obtained favorable settlement of defamation suit brought against college
- Representation of clients in trust and estate litigations, including will contests, construction and reformation proceedings, and accounting proceedings
New York’s Leadership Role in Drug Law and Criminal Sentencing Reform, New York State Bar Association Government, Law and Policy Journal, 2015 (coauthored with John Dunne).
Civil Disobedience in the Supreme Court: Retroactivity and the Compromise Between Formal and Substantive Justice, 75 Alb. L. Rev. 1613 (2012).
The Return to Article X: A New Paradigm for Approving Energy Projects in New York State, New York Zoning Law and Practice Report (September/October 2011) (coauthored with Terresa Bakner).
Professional & Community Activities
Member, New York State Bar Association
Board of Directors, Albany Symphony Orchestra
President, Albany Academy Alumni Association