Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court S.D.N.Y
- U.S. District Court, E.D.N.Y.
- J.D., Boston University, J.D. , cum laude, 1988
- B.A., SUNY @ Binghamton, 1985
Michael joined the firm as an associate in the Construction Litigation Group. Michael has had extensive experience representing clients, both public and private, in the insurance, investment banking, advertising, manufacturing, communications, sports, retail, and health care industries. Michael has handled litigation in various context, including construction, property damage, and personal injury litigation, commercial litigation, real property litigation, partnership and LLC member disputes, employer-employee disputes, and licensing/sponsorship disputes.
- Multi-party construction defect action defending masonry subcontractor from claim that faulty installation of stone veneer caused water damage to entire building complex
- Multi-party fire damage case at Upper East Side synagogue defending electrical subcontractor from property, extra expense, and builders’ risk damage claims
- Defense judgments in favor of Queens home owners’ association in actions for alleged civil rights violations, breach of contract, and intentional torts.
- $1 million judgment in favor of limited partner in hedge fund against majority member of fund’s general partner.
- Multiple judgments in favor of NHL franchise on sponsorship and suite lease agreements.
Areas of Concentration
- Insurance defense
- Construction accident cases
- Premises liability
- Commercial litigation