Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- D., Northeastern University School of Law
- A., Skidmore College, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Michelle E. Caulfield
Michelle E. Caulfield is Of Counsel in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Finance department. She focuses her practice in the areas of commercial real estate finance, concentrating primarily in the field of securitized lending and capital markets. While in private practice she has represented several financial institutions, including commercial banks and investment banks, as well as developers and REITS on the equity side. She has extensive experience in complex multi-state purchase and sale transactions, and related financing. Her experience also includes representing financial institutions in connection with loan restructurings and workouts; representing commercial landlords in leasing transactions; and representing buyers and sellers of office, retail, hotel and other commercial properties. As an in-house attorney, she was responsible for handling all aspects of securitized loans from origination through closing, securitization and servicing. She has comprehensive knowledge of the requirements of borrowers, investors, rating agencies and servicers. She has also advised on corporate matters related to commercial real estate transactions and managed all aspects of corporate governance, regulatory compliance and litigation incident to commercial real estate financing transactions of a global bank.
Michelle previously served as a Vice President for Goldman Sachs in the Compliance Department of the Investment Banking Division and as a Director and Head of Contract Finance in the commercial real estate group at Deutsche Bank. Prior to serving in these roles, Michelle worked as an attorney at large law firms in Massachusetts and New Jersey.
Areas of Concentration
- Banking & Financial Services
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Financial Regulatory and Compliance
- Corporate Finance
- Formations and Governance
- Real Estate Real Estate Purchase and Sales Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate Leasing
- Head of government interactions team at Goldman Sachs, acting as main contact for implementation and resolution of pay-to-play policies and matters.
- Managed all aspects of commercial mortgaged-backed securities transactions from origination through closing and securitization of large loan portfolios, for Deutsche Bank’s conduit platform.
- Managed litigation, corporate housekeeping and regulatory compliance for Deutsche Bank entities..