Areas of Practice
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2016
- B.B.A., Baruch College, City University of New York, cum laude, 2009
- University of International Business and Economics, Beijing, China, 2015
Sophia Hepheastou is an associate in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights department. She provides strategic business consulting and legal advice to clients as well as general counsel services to companies and debtors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. Prior to joining the firm, Sophia worked at a boutique firm specializing in corporate insolvency, restructuring, creditors’ rights and commercial litigation. Sophia has also worked extensively in advertising at various companies across multiple industries including pharmaceuticals, consumer packaged goods, media and entertainment.
Sophia is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School where she concentrated her studies on bankruptcy and commercial law. She received the Zaretsky Fellowship, which recognizes students with academic achievements and interests in commercial bankruptcy. During law school, Sophia interned for the Honorable Sean H. Lane of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. She continues to work closely with unrepresented clients through the City Bar Justice Center bankruptcy project, helping low income individuals file Chapter 7 petitions.
Professional & Community Activities
Board Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), 2016 - Present
Honors & Awards
- Brooklyn Law School, Zaretsky Fellowship, 2015
- CUNY Presidential Scholar, 2009