Areas of Practice
- New York
- J.D., St. John's University School of Law cum laude, 1993
- B.A., Bernard M. Baruch College, 1990
Deborah M. Franco
Deborah M. Franco joined the firm in 1993, representing utilities, their unregulated affiliates and other energy clients in a variety of rate and regulatory, utility taxation and related contract matters. From 1997 through 1998 she served with the New Jersey Division of the Ratepayer Advocate, before returning to private practice at the firm. While with the Ratepayer Advocate, Ms. Franco represented the interests of residential, commercial and industrial gas, electric and telecommunications consumers, where she served as counsel in two major state utility merger proceedings and an assortment of industry restructuring-related proceedings and task forces.
Ms. Franco practices regularly before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and New York State Public Service Commission and has participated in a number of appeals from agency decisions to the state courts.
Professional & Community Activities
- New York State Bar Association, Public Utility Law Committee, Chairperson
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Firm Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Co-Chairperson
Honors & Awards
- Dean's List