Areas of Practice
- New York
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- J.D., New York Law School, 2009
- B.A., Quinnipiac University, 2003
Dina L. Vespia
Dina L. Vespia is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department, where she focuses on Not-for-Profit and Education Law as well as Energy practice areas.
Dina regularly advises educational institutions, including colleges, universities, and secondary schools, and other not-for-profit organizations on a wide variety of legal matters, such as: Federal and state regulatory reporting compliance (e.g., FERPA, Title IV, New York Education Law Article 129-B); Institutional and programmatic accreditation and recertification; academic and student affairs; student financial aid (e.g., Title IV); policy development and implementation; internal grievance and disciplinary procedures; campus safety and security (e.g., the Clery Act); contract drafting, review, and negotiation; and governance.
In the energy regulatory area, Dina’s work involves all types of regulatory issues, including representation of energy service companies in administrative proceedings; and gas and electric industry restructuring and competition issues.
Dina’s corporate practice also includes corporate formation; and construction contract drafting, review, and negotiation.
Areas of Concentration
- Not-for-Profit and Education
- Energy and Utilities
- Contract Review
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys, 2011-Present
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
News & Speaking Engagements
- Four Cullen and Dykman Attorneys Host CICU Event: Implementing Article 129-B and Campus Sexual Assault LawSeptember 11, 2015
- Four Cullen and Dykman Attorneys Attend 2015 Annual National Association of College and University Attorney (NACUA) Conference in Washington D.C.July 20, 2015
- CICU Seminar - Effectively Addressing Sexual Misconduct on Campus: Title IX and Clery Act ComplianceFebruary 23, 2015
- What You Need to Know About the Non-Profit Revitalization Act of 2013--Presentation at a Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Council of Governing BoardsMay 20, 2014
- November 2, 2017
- February 10, 2017
- Obama Administration Releases Additional Campus Sexual Misconduct Guidance Directed at College Presidents and Senior AdministratorsJanuary 6, 2017
- “Enough is Enough” Legislation Becomes Law: New York Education Law Article 129-B Establishes New Requirements for New York State Colleges’ and Universities’ Responses to Reports of Sexual MisconductJuly 7, 2015
- October 17, 2014
- May 15, 2014
- New IRS Guidance for Calculation of Hours Worked by Adjunct Faculty and Student Employees under the Affordable Care ActFebruary 12, 2014
- January 10, 2014