Areas of Practice
- Energy and Utilities
- New York
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- J.D., New York Law School, 2009
- B.A., Quinnipiac University, magna cum laude, 2003
Dina L. Vespia
Dina L. Vespia is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department, where she works primarily in the firm’s Not-for-Profit and Education Law and Energy practice areas.
In the not-for-profit and education law area, Ms. Vespia advises educational institutions and other not-for-profit and tax-exempt organizations on a wide variety of legal matters, such as academic and student affairs; accommodations for the disabled; administrative proceedings; affiliations; campus safety and security (e.g., the Clery Act); codes of conduct; construction; contract review and negotiation; discrimination and harassment (e.g., Title IX); federal and state legal compliance (e.g., FERPA, New York’s Non-Profit Revitalization Act); internal grievance and disciplinary procedures; and policy development and implementation.
In the energy regulatory area, Ms. Vespia’s work involves all types of regulatory issues, including representation of energy service companies before various public service commissions; regulatory compliance; gas and electric industry restructuring and competition issues; rulemakings; general marketing matters; and unfair trade practice issues. Her practice also includes tax matters affecting utilities and energy service companies, such as gross receipts taxes; state and local sales and use taxes; and related tax matters.
Ms. Vespia’s corporate practice also includes corporate formation and dissolution; mergers and acquisitions; contract drafting, review, and negotiation; and general legal compliance.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- New York Law School John Marshall Harlan Scholar
- New York Law School Law Review
News & Speaking Engagements
- Four Cullen and Dykman Attorneys Host CICU Event: Implementing Article 129-B and Campus Sexual Assault LawSeptember 11, 2015
- Four Cullen and Dykman Attorneys Attend 2015 Annual National Association of College and University Attorney (NACUA) Conference in Washington D.C.July 20, 2015
- CICU Seminar - Effectively Addressing Sexual Misconduct on Campus: Title IX and Clery Act ComplianceFebruary 23, 2015
- What You Need to Know About the Non-Profit Revitalization Act of 2013--Presentation at a Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Council of Governing BoardsMay 20, 2014
- February 10, 2017
- Obama Administration Releases Additional Campus Sexual Misconduct Guidance Directed at College Presidents and Senior AdministratorsJanuary 6, 2017
- “Enough is Enough” Legislation Becomes Law: New York Education Law Article 129-B Establishes New Requirements for New York State Colleges’ and Universities’ Responses to Reports of Sexual MisconductJuly 7, 2015
- October 17, 2014
- May 15, 2014
- New IRS Guidance for Calculation of Hours Worked by Adjunct Faculty and Student Employees under the Affordable Care ActFebruary 12, 2014
- January 10, 2014