Areas of Practice
- New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- J.D., Pace Law School, 2007
- B.S., University of Delaware, 2004
Joseph M. Angiolillo
Joseph Angiolillo is an associate in the firm's Litigation Department where he handles asbestos defense claims. Since 2008, Mr. Angiolillo has had extensive experience defending the firm’s clients against personal injury and wrongful death actions related to lung cancer and mesothelioma cases. He regularly advises clients on settlement strategy as well as conducts extensive motion practice. He has participated in numerous jury selections in New York State Supreme Court in New York County, Schenectady County, Fulton County, and Clinton County. He has experience in the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, which includes an opening statement before Judge Jack Weinstein. Mr. Angiolillo has second chaired several asbestos trials in New York, including verdicts in three jointly tried cases in the summer of 2013. In addition, he second chaired one mesothelioma case to verdict in New York County in September of 2015.
During his first and second years of law school, Mr. Angiolillo served as a liaison to the Westchester County Support Collection Unit and assistant project coordinator with the New York Supreme Court's Integrated Domestic Violence Court in White Plains, New York.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Angiolillo worked as a research and writing assistant for a criminal appellate attorney in White Plains, New York where he had experience researching and writing appellate briefs. Mr. Angiolillo argued before the Appellate Division, Second Department.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Westchester County Bar Association
- Member, Columbian Lawyers Association of Westchester County
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars List (2015-2016) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.