Areas of Practice
- New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- J.D., Pace Law School, 2007
- B.S., University of Delaware, 2004
Joseph M. Angiolillo
Joseph Angiolillo is an associate in the firm's Litigation Department where he handles asbestos defense claims. Since 2008, Joseph has had extensive experience defending the firm's clients against personal injury and wrongful death actions related to lung cancer and mesothelioma cases. He regularly advises clients on settlement strategy, conducts extensive motion practice, and defends client interests at depositions.
In addition, Joseph has extensive trial experience defending the firm's clients in asbestos matters throughout New York State. He has participated in numerous jury selections in the New York State Supreme Court in New York County, Schenectady County, Fulton County, Essex County, and Clinton County. He has experience in the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. Joseph has second chaired two asbestos trials to verdict in New York County, including three jointly tried mesothelioma cases in the summer of 2013 and one mesothelioma case in September of 2015. Most recently, Joseph opened before a jury in a mesothelioma case in New York County, which was resolved prior to verdict.
Areas of Concentration
- Toxic Tort Defense - Asbestos
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New York State Bar Association (2008 - present)
- Member, Westchester County Bar Association (2008 - present)
- Member, Columbian Lawyers Association of Westchester County (2008 - present)
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars List (2015-2016) by the Super Lawyer legal rating service issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html . No aspect of this award has been approved by the Supreme Court of New York.