Areas of Practice
- New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
J.D., St. John's University School of Law (1975)
B.A., St. John's University (1972)
Joseph C. Fegan
Joseph C. Fegan has over 35 years of experience as a litigator with a primary focus on trial practice and tort and insurance litigation. He has tried in excess of 100 jury trials to verdict as well as numerous bench trials and arbitrations. In addition to his experience as a trial lawyer Mr. Fegan has also briefed and argued numerous appeals in the Appellate Courts of New York State. Mr. Fegan also advises clients on matters of insurance coverage and risk management. In this capacity he has counseled several clients on restructuring insurance programs.
Prior to joining Cullen and Dykman Mr. Fegan was a trial attorney on the staff of Liberty Mutual insurance Company.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Brooklyn Bar Association where he served on the Insurance Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Active in the Trial Lawyers Section and the Insurance and Negligence Section of the New York State Bar Association
- For 8 years, Mr. Fegan served as counsel to the New York Claims Association, a professional organization composed of a number of insurance carriers and self-insureds in the New York Metropolitan area