Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate Lending
- General Administration and Corporate Operations
- Residential Lending
- Real Estate
- New York State
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1985
- B.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, cum laude, 1982
- Benjamin N. Cardozo High School, 1978
- July 7, 2011
Kathleen L. Douglas
Kathleen Douglas is a partner in the firm’s Banking Department and represents financial institutions in commercial and multi-family real estate finance transactions. Ms. Douglas has considerable commercial real estate transactional experience. Through her representation of corporations, banks, other entities and individual clients, Ms. Douglas has extensive real estate transactional, financing and leasing experience including: drafting and negotiating commercial, bank branch and office leases and subleases; drafting and negotiating contracts of sale and closing documentation; and, reviewing title reports, surveys and related searches in connection with the foregoing. Ms. Douglas also has handled and supervised the due diligence on a number of bulk loan purchase transactions.
Ms. Douglas regularly advises banks and credit unions on a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters; issues often included for review involve truth-in-lending laws, RESPA, SAFE Act, Dodd-Frank Act and fair lending, and, in this regard, deals on a regular basis with state and federal regulatory agencies such as HUD, Federal Reserve Board and the New York State Banking Department.
Ms. Douglas also assists lenders with new product development including drafting of loan documents and state and federal required disclosures.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Real Estate Law Section and Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Real Property Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Named to Long Island Business News "Who’s Who in Commercial & Residential Real Estate Law 2013"
News & Speaking Engagements
- Long Island Business News Who’s Who in Real Estate Law 2004