Areas of Practice
- New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1986
B.S., St. John’s University, 1982
Kathleen M. McCormack
Kathleen McCormack has an extensive practice in the areas of wills, trusts and estates, and estate planning. She has handled all facets of trust and estate practice, from the initial preparation of wills, trusts and various other estate planning documents, through the complete administration of an estate, including handling the necessary tax work and representing clients in contested matters before the Surrogate's Court and before various tax authorities. Kathleen also practices in the area of tax exempt organizations and represents a number of not-for-profit and religious corporations in all aspects of their operations. In addition, she has extensive real estate experience, especially in relation to tax exempt organizations.
Areas of Concentration
- Representing and Advising Not-For-Profit Corporations
- Representing and Advising Private Foundations
- Real Estate
- Representing clients on the purchase and sale of their real estate holdings
- Representing clients in financing matters
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Planned Gifts Committee for the Archdiocese of New York
- Serves on the Board of the Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens, Brooklyn Diocese of New York
- Served as treasurer and now president of a 963 unit cooperative apartment corporation for the past twenty-seven years.
- Serves on the Board of Providence House, a New York based Not-For-Profit Corporation, assisting women and children with supportive housing.
- Serves on the Board of Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project, A New York based Not-For-Profit Corporation, which provides free legal services to those in need.
News & Speaking Engagements
- April 16, 2015The Real Deal