Areas of Practice
- New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Tax Court
J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1963
B.A., St. John’s University School of Business, 1960
Paul A. Golinski
Paul A. Golinski has concentrated in the areas of wills, trusts, estates and estate planning for his entire career as a lawyer. Consequently, he has represented a wide variety of clients on issues pertaining to wills, trusts, estate plans, powers of attorney, medical directives, taxation (local, national and international) and business succession.
Paul routinely assists clients with all aspects of the administration of estates and trusts from inception to termination and thereby appears for them in proceedings in the New York State Surrogate’s Court involving probate of wills, appointments of initial executors, administrators or trustees or their successors, construction of ambiguous language in wills or trust agreements, including cypress proceedings (when a charity ceases to exist), accounting proceedings and other miscellaneous proceedings. Moreover, he supervises the preparation and filing of estate and income tax returns, attends the audits of any such returns, and processes appeals within the tax agencies and, when necessary, in the courts.
Paul has also created not-for-profit organizations, obtained tax-exempt status for them and advised them on compliance matters, including endowment funds. In addition, he has helped structure gifts to take advantage of charitable deductions.
Professional & Community Activities
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- President, 1998-1999
- Various offices 1993-1998
- Trustee 1992-1998
- Trustees’ council 1999 to date
- Co-chair, Surrogate’s Committee, 1986-1987
- Chair, Taxation Committee, 1984-1992
- Chair, Audit Committee, 2008-2011
- New York State Bar Association
- Delegate, House of Delegates, 1998-2000 and 2006-2010
- District Representative to Executive Committee of Trusts and Estates Section, 1992-1996
- American Bar Association
- Delegate, House of Delegates, 1998-2000
- Director, Brooklyn Bar Foundation
- Director, Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc.
- Member, Calvary Hospital Advisory Council
- Director, Municipal Club of Brooklyn
- Fellow, New York State Bar Foundation