Cullen and Dykman LLP is currently seeking lateral partners (or small groups) that fit or complement our firm's existing practice areas with self-sustaining portable business in the following areas:
Banking, For Albany, NY office
- Experience representing commercial banks and financial institutions in all aspects of transactional work, with an emphasis on commercial real estate loan agreements, not-for-profit bond finance, and complex commercial financing transactions. Experience involving acquisition, sale or finance of large commercial real estate projects a plus, as is representation of nonprofit clients involving tax-exempt bond finance.
Commercial Litigation, For either Albany, Manhattan, Long Island or Newark, NJ office
- Areas of concentration include commercial contract litigation, employment and civil rights defense, claims involving employment agreements and restrictive covenants, intellectual property claims, construction and real estate disputes and as well as general commercial litigation matters including shareholder, partner, limited liability corporation member and other complex disputes between and among principals of business entities.
Corporate Transaction, For either Albany, Manhattan, Long Island, Newark, Hackensack or Princeton, NJ office
- Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years' experience in general corporate transactional work, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Experience with private placement/Reg D transactions a plus.
Renewable Energy, For either Albany, Manhattan or Newark, NJ office
- Representing clients on renewable projects involving solar, wind, biomass, hydro, geothermal and fuel cell generation; Assisting renewable energy developers in siting and permitting of renewable generating facilities; Negotiating power purchase agreements, net metering credit agreements and other forms of renewable electricity purchase agreements on behalf of large commercial, industrial and institutional customers; Assisting developers and lenders in the financing of renewable energy developments, including reviewing financing documents, obtaining stimulus funds and other state and federal financial incentives, and issuing required legal opinions; Experience regarding all aspects of off-shore wind development projects in New York, New Jersey and New England; Assisting clients with the federal hydroelectric project licensing process, including pre-licensing approvals, obtaining federal licenses, and post-licensing compliance; Advising clients on a variety of issues impacting renewable energy development, including public procurement requirements, utility rate analysis, government funding and incentive programs, and compliance with consumer protection laws.
Labor & Employment, For either Albany, Manhattan or Long Island office
- Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years' experience in representing employers in areas such as wage/hour advice and litigation, traditional labor matters, individual employment contracts and severance agreements, and discrimination law. Experience with ERISA, employee benefit plans, and employment-related tax issues a plus.
Tax, For either Albany, Manhattan, Long Island, Newark, Hackensack or Princeton, NJ office
- Seeking tax attorney to assist growing corporate practice. Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years' experience in corporate and partnership taxation with an emphasis on tax matters involved in structuring M&A transactions. Book of business a plus but not required.
Small Firm with Tax Capabilities, For Albany, Manhattan or Washington, DC office
- The candidate firm would see the benefit of joining Cullen and Dykman and its larger platform to enhance its ability to deliver legal services to its clients. Practice areas of interest to Cullen and Dykman include Banking, Real Estate, Corporate, Litigation, and Not-for-Profit. Cullen and Dykman would consider practice group(s) in the aforementioned areas in lieu of a full-service firm.
NEW YORK, NY OFFICE
Litigation Associate Attorney with 2+ years of experience in construction/NYS Labor Law defense and construction defect/property damage practice areas. Must have depositions and court experience. Any insurance coverage experience will also be considered. New York Bar admission required, New Jersey Bar admission a plus but not required. Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Email your resume, writing sample, cover letter and salary requirements referencing construction litigation associate to Kmccann@cullenanddykman.com.
Litigation associate attorney with 5+ years of insurance coverage experience. The candidate should have experience in construction risk transfer and New York Labor law cases. Experience should also include interpreting insurance policies, drafting coverage opinions and litigating coverage matters including motions for summary judgment and appeals on coverage-related issues. Demonstrable experience litigating declaratory judgment actions is helpful. Risk transfer and insurance coverage experience focused in all construction-related insurance issues are needed. The candidate should have excellent research and writing skills. New York Bar admission required and New Jersey Bar admission is a plus. This is a great opportunity for an attorney with insurance coverage experience looking to join a dynamic team of attorneys. Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Email resume cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements referencing insurance coverage associate to Kmccann@cullenanddykman.com.
Paralegal with 3+ years’ litigation construction experience. Construction defense, insurance coverage, and insurance defense, a plus. Responsibilities include assisting attorneys in drafting and preparing litigation documents such as discovery demands and responses, subpoenas, discovery motions, medical record reviews and obtaining records. Candidate must be conscientious, detail oriented and a team player. Must be able to assume immediate responsibility and prioritize assignments and handle an active caseload. Ability to work independently and multi-task required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel necessary; knowledge of PowerPoint is a plus. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree. Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Email resume and salary requirement referencing position to kmccann@cullenandykman,com.
Billing Specialist with 6 - 8 years of progressively responsible billing experience of which 3+ years experience is in law firm billing. Candidate will work on team of 3 Billing Coordinators reporting to firm management/partner in charge of large construction practice.
- Prepare monthly pre-bills and coordinate edits with attorneys.
- Finalize monthly client invoices.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and the timely completion of all month-end billing activities, the month-end close, month-end reporting.
- Support the accounts receivables team to collect on aged accounts.
- Respond to inquiries from attorneys and secretaries regarding billing questions.
- Monitor work in progress, provide reports, and follow up with attorneys as necessary.
- Coordinate the electronic billing process; on e-billing procedures and technology.
- Organize and prioritize work with team to assure that department functions are performed accurately and timely.
- Develop strategies to streamline and improve the automation of customized billing while improving coordination with all applicable parties to provide accurate and timely billing.
- Evaluate and recommend new work procedures to meet the changing needs of the Firm.
- Special projects and other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
- 6 - 8 years of progressively responsible billing experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of law firm billing experience required.
- 5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience using billing software.
- Experience with fixed-fee billing in a law firm.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications with specific emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability for overtime as needed.
Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Email your resume with salary requirements referencing position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Records Manager to oversee a staff of 7. Candidate will reside in our New York City office and will be required to travel to other firm offices as required. The Records Manager will supervise the operations and processes for our records department.We are looking for someone who has a high degree of technical proficiency, has an expert understanding of records management, exhibits a high degree of accuracy, and thinks outside the box to create solutions and implement ideas.
- Manages the workflow and guides file clerks within the records department
- Ensures the accuracy of filed documents,
- Ensures that established file management practices of the firm are followed correctly,
- Assists in training all new file clerks,
- Creates and reviews documentation storage guidelines as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years' experience in a legal role, or a combination of education and experience relevant to the position
- Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and the ability to learn legal software related to document management. AS400 experience, a plus.
- Superior team player.
- Dependable and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently and be forward thinking.
Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Email your resume with salary requirements referencing position to email@example.com.
Cullen and Dykman LLP is an equal opportunity employer.