NEW YORK OFFICE
Commercial Real Estate Attorney
- Banking Attorney with 6+ years of experience in commercial real estate sales and acquisitions, office and warehouse leasing and long-term ground leasing. Knowledgeable in preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, commercial leases, easements and similar real property agreements. The candidate must be a self-starter, detailed oriented, and a team player. Must be able to work independently and multi-task. The candidate must possess excellent writing and communication skills. New York Bar admission required; New Jersey Bar admission a plus. Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements referencing position to email@example.com.
Associate Attorneys, Litigation
- Litigation Associate Attorney with 10+ years of experience in construction/NYS Labor Law defense and construction defect/property damage practice areas. Must have depositions and court experience. Any insurance coverage experience will also be considered. New York Bar admission required, New Jersey Bar admission a plus but not required. Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Email your resume, writing sample, cover letter and salary requirements referencing construction litigation associate to Kmccann@cullenanddykman.com.
- Litigation associate attorney with 5+ years of insurance coverage experience. The candidate should have experience in construction risk transfer and New York Labor law cases. Experience should also include interpreting insurance policies, drafting coverage opinions and litigating coverage matters including motions for summary judgment and appeals on coverage related issues. Demonstrable experience litigating declaratory judgment actions is helpful. Risk transfer and insurance coverage experience focused in all construction-related insurance issues is needed.The candidate should have excellent research and writing skills. New York Bar admission required and New Jersey Bar admission is a plus. This is a great opportunity for an attorney with insurance coverage experience looking to join a dynamic team of attorneys. Cullen and Dykman LLP offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Email resume cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements referencing insurance coverage litigation associate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cullen and Dykman LLP is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant/Secretary to join its Albany, New York office. This individual will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other related software, and exceptional organizational skills. Responsibilities include assisting attorneys (and other staff as needed), corresponding and communicating with clients, organizing and maintaining files and schedules, and appropriate tracking of matters to ensure all required tasks are completed. An ability to work with little supervision and to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient and detail-oriented manner is essential.
- Four-year college degree
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience in a professional services environment
- Ability to self-prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced firm environment
- Superior organizational and computer skills
- Ability to communicate professionally to internal and external clients
- Strong professional judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for multiple attorneys
- Prepare court filings, pleadings, and other legal documents
- Keeping track of attorney time records and billing
- Document management and organization, including saving to the network, filing, indexing and drafting correspondence
- Knowledge of court procedures including but not limited to New York State and Federal Court E-Filing systems
- Transcribing dictations
- Maintaining calendars
- Answering telephone for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls to appropriate personnel and responding to inquiries and/or taking messages
- Availability to work overtime on an as needed basis
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Associate Degree, a plus
- 5+ years of commercial litigation secretarial experience necessary
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook necessary
- Must be organized and willing to multi-task.
- Candidate must be conscientious, detail oriented and a team player.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Professional attitude with good judgment.
Please email resume and salary requirement referencing position to email@example.com.
Cullen and Dykman LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and a collaborative, friendly environment.
Cullen and Dykman LLP is one of the four oldest law firms in New York State and has been serving the legal needs of its clients since 1850. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our clients, exhibiting the highest standards of professionalism and maintaining a dynamic and collegial work environment for our attorneys, paralegals and staff.