Related Practice Areas
The environmental practice group at Cullen and Dykman LLP has the ability to provide a wide range of services to our commercial, financial, utility and individual clients. Our approach to the practice of environmental law is a simple, solution-oriented one. It is based on a fundamental respect for the environment, coupled with a detailed understanding of the laws and regulations created for its protection. Accordingly, we assist clients in complying with those environmental law requirements that are applicable and appropriate, and in challenging those that are not.
The environmental practice areas include, but are not limited to:
- Transactional Support/Environmental Due Diligence
- Site Remediation
- Brownfields Redevelopment
- Superfund, Spill Act and Cost Recovery Proceedings
- Environmental Insurance Coverage
- Air, Water and Solid Waste Permitting and Compliance
- Energy Facility Siting
- Wetland, Flood Hazard, Waterfront Development and Coastal Area Permitting and Compliance
- Endangered Species Regulation
- Invasive Species Control Plans
- NJ Pinelands Act Compliance
- NJ Highlands Act Compliance
- Tidelands Compliance
- Long Island Pine Barrens Protection Act Compliance
- NY State Environmental Quality Review Act Compliance
- Petroleum Bulk Storage Tank Compliance
- Asbestos Abatement and Disposal
- Property Valuation “Stigma” Damage
Our environmental attorneys are familiar with federal, state and local laws and regulations that impact upon the conveyance of real property or the use of real property as collateral for a loan.
Our attorneys also have experience negotiating with regulatory agencies, local municipal boards, and real property purchasers and sellers regarding environmental issues affecting our clients’ interests. While we zealously represent our clients in regulatory and transactional matters with the intent of avoiding litigation, the firm’s litigation department is proficient in the representation of clients’ before State and Federal courts.
Environmental issues often arise in permitting and siting projects. Our attorneys have significant experience handling the various federal, state and local permitting issues associated with petroleum storage, wetlands disturbance, energy facility siting, utility and industrial facilities, air and water discharge permits, storm water discharge permits and other approvals. Working with members of the litigation department, we can handle disputes involving site remediation, cost recovery and other issues.
With offices located throughout New York and New Jersey and in Washington, D.C., our attorneys are well-positioned to serve our clients’ needs wherever and whenever called for. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about how Cullen and Dykman LLP can assist you.