E-Discovery and Information Technology
Cullen and Dykman LLP’s E-Discovery group has experience with a broad range of electronic discovery and document retention issues. We provide clients with creative, individualized and cost-effective e-discovery consulting, advice and project management services in a variety of contexts and practice areas. The E-Discovery group provides assistance to clients both during the course of litigation as well as in the context of developing and maintaining company wide document retention policies. The E-Discovery group works closely with lawyers in all practice areas across the firm as well as assisting with discovery matters for clients even in matters where Cullen and Dykman is not counsel of record.
Some of the services the E-Discovery group provides include:
- Assisting clients in developing cost-effective policies for the appropriate retention, preservation, and destruction of electronic data to comply with emerging standards;
- Ensuring that only required business and compliance records are retained and subject to potential discovery inquiries;
- Drafting of and review of document retention policies to ensure litigation hold provisions are in place;
- Drafting of and review of email retention/destruction policies;
- Development of litigation readiness and litigation hold plans to ensure that clients are properly able to respond to e-discovery requests including document hold policies and procedures, e-discovery service provider evaluation and selection, data mapping and document collection protocols;
- Guiding and assisting with the identification, preservation, collection and processing of both traditional documents and electronically stored information;
- Conducting comprehensive e-discovery meet and confer sessions with relevant personnel;
- Managing e-discovery related litigation practice and related activities, including preparing IT employees for depositions and motion practice;
- Overseeing the various production states of initial, quality control and privilege reviews;
- Responding to notices to depose company representatives regarding client information technology infrastructure;
- Securing protective orders for sensitive data, such as trade secrets or proprietary data; and
- In-house training on various e-discovery and document retention matters.
Cullen and Dykman LLP’s E-Discovery group has experience in managing electronic discovery in small matters involving less than one gigabyte of data (up to 50,000 pages) to large matters involving a terabyte or more of data (over a million pages). Members of the E-Discovery group frequently give seminars, write articles on various aspects of e-discovery and are involved in the Sedona Conference Working Group on Electronic Discovery.
- March 1, 2016
- August 20, 2015
- July 10, 2015Law360
- June 9, 2015Newsday
- December 2, 2014Long Island Business News
- Cynthia Augello Tells Law360 that the FCC Will Aggressively Target Companies Over Lax Data Security PracticesOctober 30, 2014Law360
- May 30, 2014