Schooling clients in all the legal issues facing educational institutions from primary to postgraduate studies.
As a full service law firm, Cullen and Dykman regularly provides general counsel services to its education clients. While the firm’s Education practice group assists schools with areas unique in the education setting, including academic and college affairs, student affairs, governance and board issues, financial aid, risk management, policy development and implementation, etc., the firm’s Labor and Employment department counsels our clients on faculty contracts, tenure, termination and promotion, provides training on such issues as sexual harassment and employee background checks and represents the schools in judicial and administrative proceedings involving discrimination complaints and other employment-based grievances. The firm’s Real Estate department assists with all types of real property transactions, institutional financing and construction. Our Trusts and Estates department is regularly engaged with planned giving and development and advises on endowments and investing. When necessary, our Litigation department represents our education clients in courts throughout the region. The various departments and practice groups that comprise Cullen and Dykman enable its attorneys to work closely with Boards of Trustees, administration and faculty and staff to ensure that the institution’s legal needs are met.
- January 5, 2016
- July 10, 2015Buffalo Law Journal
- CICU Seminar - Effectively Addressing Sexual Misconduct on Campus: Title IX and Clery Act ComplianceFebruary 23, 2015
- What You Need to Know About the Non-Profit Revitalization Act of 2013--Presentation at a Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Council of Governing BoardsMay 20, 2014
- November 2, 2017
- Obama Administration Releases Additional Campus Sexual Misconduct Guidance Directed at College Presidents and Senior AdministratorsJanuary 6, 2017
- April 2, 2015
- October 17, 2014
- May 15, 2014
- Louisiana Tech to Pay $23,543 and Implement ADA-Compliant Policies under Settlement Agreement with U.S. Department of JusticeJuly 30, 2013
- May 16, 2013